frequently asked questions
If you’re thinking of checking us out one Sunday, here are a few common questions you may want answered in advance.
what denomination is oasis church?
We’re a non-denominational church who hold strongly to the authority of the Word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit.
We are part of a network of churches called Catalyst Connect, with strong relational ties to key 5-fold ministry gifts that help shape our church community. We are also part of the Bethel Leaders Netork, an apostolic relational network of churches based out of Bethel Church (USA) committed to seeing revival across the globe.
what style of preaching can i expect?
Bible-based, relevant, Spirit-inspired, practical & easy to understand. We boldly proclaim the unchanging Word of God & are focused on allowing the Holy Spirit space to bring this Word to life in our meetings.
what is available for my child?
We believe that families should worship together & so children are part of the main worship time for the first song each Sunday.
At the end of this time, children aged 3 – 12 years are encouraged to attend the OK (Oasis Kids) ministry time that happens in our Kids Ministry classrooms outside the Main Auditorium. These times are supervised by a team of trained adults who desire to teach the Bible in a fun, relevant, age-appropriate way, & in so doing inspire a generation to live passionately for God.
what do you have for adults?
We have a full range of opportunities for adults at all stages of life to meet together on Sundays & throughout the week. Our aim is to ensure that every person finds a place to belong, believe & become all that God has purposed for them.
We desire to see you find a place to call home – where you can study God’s word, worship, pray, build meaningful relationships, serve together & find your purpose in God. Some of these opportunities include — Mid-week Community Groups, Men’s & Women’s Conferences, Upper Room Prayer & Worship Sessions, Bible Studies, Weekend Camps, Mom’s Group, Outreach & Mission Trips, Volunteer Teams, to name just a few.
what style of music do you play?
Our interactive worship services offer a wide range of music. Mostly contemporary-style (Bethel Music, Hillsong, Chris Tomlin, etc.), but we love traditional hymns, too. We have a full-band each week & desire to host the Presence of God during our corporate meetings. This may mean a little less structure & a lot more hunger from God’s people.
Our worship times are not pre-programmed but have a core priority of experiencing His Presence & letting the Kingdom of Heaven reign on Earth.
what should i wear?
We are a casual environment & welcome everyone to come as they are. On Sundays you’ll find most men & women dressed very casually. While some may be fully dressed up, you’ll also find many in shorts & tee shirts. Whatever you’re wearing, we’ll be glad to see you!
what are your core beliefs?
There is only one true God who is the eternal King, Creator and Redeemer of all that is.
- He is perfectly holy, just, loving & truthful.
- He has revealed Himself to be eternally self-existent – one being in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, & God the Holy Spirit.
- The Bible to be the inspired & only infallible & authoritative Word of God.
- The Lord Jesus Christ, the one & only Son of God, was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin, Mary, & is God’s Anointed One, empowered by the Holy Spirit to inaugurate God’s Kingdom on earth. He was crucified for our sins, died, was buried, resurrected & ascended into heaven, & is now alive today, in the presence of God the Father & in His people. He is “true God” & “true man.”
- We are saved by God’s grace, through faith in the person & work of Jesus Christ.
- Anyone can be restored to fellowship with God through repenting, believing & receiving Jesus as their Saviour & Lord.
- The Holy Spirit, convicts, regenerates, justifies, & adopts us as we enter the Kingdom of God as His sons & daughters. In the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live holy & minister super-naturally. The baptism of the Holy Spirit according to Acts 1:4-8 and 2:4 is poured out on believers that they might have power to be witnesses.
- The victorious redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides freedom from the power of the enemy – sin, lies, sickness & torment.
- The Church consists of all who put their faith in Jesus Christ. He gave His church the ordinances of Baptism & Communion.
- The Church exists to carry on the ministry of Jesus Christ & further advance His kingdom by undoing the works of the enemy, preaching & living the good news of God’s love, disciple the nations, baptizing & teaching them to love & obey God. In the ever-increasing government of God & in the Blessed Hope, which is the glorious visible return of our Lord Jesus Christ for His overcoming bride – His church. Heaven & hell are real places.
- There will be a resurrection of the saved and the lost, the one to everlasting life & the other to everlasting death.